The days of uncomfortable metal wires and visible brackets are no more! Invisalign offers patients a new way to straighten their teeth that’s just as, if not more effective than braces. The dentists at Mill Basin Dentistry are exceptionally skilled at Invisalign treatment plans and designing your smile. Here are the 5 reasons why you need to choose Invisalign today!
Quick Invisalign FAQ
What is Invisalign Treatment? Invisalign treatment is the process of wearing a series of clear, removable aligners that gradually straighten your teeth. No brackets and wires, and none of the restrictions that come with metal braces.
What are Invisalign clear aligners made of and what do they look like? Invisalign clear aligners are made of flexible plastic — specifically, a patented thermoplastic material called SmartTrack® created exclusively for Invisalign treatment. Invisalign clear aligners are FDA-approved and contain no BPA, BPS, latex, or gluten. They are thin, clear, and fit snugly over your teeth, making them virtually invisible.
How will Invisalign treatment straighten my teeth? Your doctor will create a unique, digital treatment plan that maps out the exact movements of your teeth. Your Invisalign clear aligners are then designed to apply the right amount of force to the right place at the right time based on your plan. Your doctor will be with you every step of the way to monitor your progress and ensure your aligners fit correctly.
What are the primary benefits of Invisalign Treatments? Invisalign clear aligners are virtually invisible — people may not even notice you’re wearing them. You can remove them to eat and drink, to brush and floss, or for special occasions. There are no metal brackets or wires that could irritate your mouth or break, sending you to your doctor for an emergency visit.
(Courtesy of Invisalign.com)
5 Reasons to Choose Invisalign
- They are discreet. Invisalign is almost always the preferred method of straightening teeth for anyone over the age of 18. Invisalign offers a more professional look and are virtually undetectable when being worn.
- They are removable. Metal braces restrict what a patient can eat and how well they can upkeep their dental hygiene. With Invisalign, the plastic aligners are easily removable allowing a patient to take them off when they want to eat their favorite chewy or hard foods, and allowing them to brush their teeth properly afterwards. Many people worry about breaking or misplacing their aligners. In the rare case that a dental emergency occurs, Mill Basin Dentistry is open on weekends and late nights, allowing patients to come in whenever their schedule permits.
- More comfortable. Metal braces require glued on brackets that can sometimes become displaced and wires that rub on the lips and gums causing sores. With Invisalign, the plastic retainers are not nearly as harsh in the mouth because of the material that they are made out of. At Mill Basin Dentistry we make sure that our patients leave with a comfortable aligner customized to fit them perfectly.
- Can fix facial, jaw and neck pain. Invisalign aligners can realign the jaw, potentially lessening the effects of sore facial muscles and jaw pain. Wearing an Invisalign aligner can stop teeth grinding and TMJ symptoms. The dentists at Mill Basin Dentistry make the process as smooth as possible at their Queens office and even perform extractions if necessary in the case of crowded teeth.
- Quicker results and constant improvement. With Invisalign some patients can see results in just six months! Invisalign clear aligners are designed to move each tooth individually making the process one of constant change and improvement. Most patients even see changes in their smile within the first week!
Your Dental Health
When it comes to your health, both that of your mouth and your overall well-being, trust in the dentists at Mill Basin Dentistry. Your dentist will be able to identify any symptoms and send you to the right professionals for further care. Mill Basin Dentistry is the best dental practice in the Brooklyn, NY 11234 area and we are open on Sundays as well as late evenings. We’ve performed hundreds of dental implants, bridges, and all-on-four procedures. We are the best dental implant dentists in Queens. For a teeth cleaning or exam, we recommend coming into the office or booking an appointment here with one of our talented dental professionals. All new patients may also take advantage of our $99 Cleaning Special that includes an exam and x-rays. To set up your appointment give us a call at (718) 531-7700. We also welcome walk-ins, to accommodate patients with a busy schedule. We hope to see you soon!